A new casting call list for Black Panther provides major hints about the characters in the film. The list may help observers determine which roles recent cast additions Michael B. Jordan and Lupita Nyong’o will play.
When Jordan and Nyong’o joined the film, no details were offered as to who they would play. Now that the call list has emerged however, many have noted the presence of Monica Lynne, the titular hero’s love interest in the comics, and concluded that Nyong’o will play her. Rumors that Jordan will play a villain, on the other hand, will likely become even more muddled, as the list shows several will appear in the movie:
• ULYSSES KLAW (played by Andy Serkis) – Murderer and betrayer of T’Chaka and personal archenemy of T’Challa. A powerhouse with near-absolute control of sound.
• MONICA LYNNE – A singer who saved T’Challa from drowning after being bested by Killmonger. His longest love interest, whom he pledged eternal devotion towards.
• EVERETT K. ROSS – A United States State Department employee, whose job was to escort foreign diplomats on American soil. His world changed forever when he was assigned to T’Challa, the Black Panther, the ruler of Wakanda.
• N’GASSI – Adviser to T’Challa, acting regent when he goes away on missions
• OKOYE – One of the former Dora Milaje, a ceremonial betrothed/bodyguard of T’Challa. Okoye is of the J’Kuwali tribe and acted as a traditional, proper concomitant to the king, speaking only to the king and only in Hausa, an African dialect not widely spoken in Wakanda and thus affording the king and his wives a measure of privacy.
Leave your thoughts on what the casting call list for Black Panther reveals (via Comicbookmovie) in the comments section below. For more Black Panther photos, videos, and information, visit our Black Panther Page, and consider subscribing to us by Email, “following” us on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, or “liking” us on Facebook for quick updates. Black Panther is set for release on February 16th, 2018.