FilmBook’s Patreon Campaign Page Has Been Launched
FilmBook is now on Patreon. FilmBook as a website and as a news organization has grown since it began in 2008. Funding FilmBook various projects and daily news coverage have grown as well. In many small respects and in some major ones, that growth is beyond FilmBook’s current fiscal means. That is why we created a Patreon page.
What is Patreon?
Patreon is an Internet-based platform that allows participants (like FilmBook) to receive funding directly from their fans, or patrons, on a recurring basis.
Patrons can cancel their payment at any time. Similar to other platforms, content creators typically provide benefits (as FilmBook does) for their patrons depending on the amount that each patron pays.
FilmBook’s Patreon Campaign and What we Hope to Accomplish with Your Help
It’s Up to You
If you choose to donate $1, $5, or more, thank you very much. If you choose not to donate but continue to read, watch, and listen to FilmBook content, once again, thank you. We appreciate that in and of itself.
If you are inclined to donate a buck or two, this is where your funds will be spent:
- Keeping the Lights On – as FilmBook has grown, so have its server and content delivery network (CDN) demands. Your donation will help to offset those costs
- Hire More Writers – more News, Trailers, Reviews, et cetera seven days a week through the hiring of new writers
- New Podcasts – we will create new podcasts, buy increased storage, and purchase new equipment to make our Podcasts better than ever
- New Menu System – readers will be able to more easily Reference and Find FilmBook’s unique content on-site
- Hire New Back-end Personnel – the people that make the back-end of FilmBook tick, including editors, sales people, SEO, and social media professionals