Game of Thrones Season 4 Trailer, New, Returning Characters. HBO‘s Game of Thrones: Season 4 TV show trailer, new, and returning characters for this season and season 5 have been released. Some of the returning characters are from season 2 and 3, others are characters that appeared on the book not haven’t appeared in the series yet.
On some of the new and returning characters for Game of Thrones: Season 4 and Season 5:
* The Nolan Muldoon Agency confirms that Andy Kellegher will be reprising the role of Polliver in this upcoming season. The menacing Lannister soldier who stole Arya’s Needle and killed Lommy Greenhands was last seen in season 2.
* It looks like we’ll be seeing Littlefinger’s spy Olyvar return in season 4 as well. Actor Will Tudor‘s agency CV now includes both seasons 3 and 4. Last year, we saw him dallying with Loras and then reporting back to his employer soon after. Will he be playing up to the Knight of Flowers again or will Littlefinger have Olyvar targeting someone new?
* According to his CV, Gary Oliver will be playing a Braavosi Captain on an episode directed by Alex Graves. As we know, Graves is directing episodes 2, 3, 8 and 10 in season 4. Fans who have read A Storm of Swords can guess with whom the captain will be interacting. His appearance would presumably be in episode 8 or 10, depending on how long the show is able to stretch out key characters’ storylines this season.
* English actor Darren Kent will be playing a goatherd on an Alex Graves-directed episode in season 4, according to his CV. In an interview with the Southend Standard, Kent chats about meeting Nathalie Emmanuel and shared this photo of him in costume. He also hints at a storyline for the upcoming season with a few specifics. We’ve posted these *spoilers comments below the cut.*
* Kent says of his part on the show, “My character is in a very important episode in the series – the dragons are completely out of control and it comes to a head in that episode.” He adds, “It’s not a massive role, but it is a very important one.” He also told the Southend Standard that it was “really harrowing. I didn’t stop crying for 25 minutes after we’d finished filming, I think most of the crew was crying too.”
*Producers have reserved the services of Michiel Huisman as Daario Naharis through season 5. His role on the show will be upgraded to that of a series regular.
A Emilia Clarke, Iain Glen, Nathalie Emannuel, Game of Thrones: Season 4 image:
Emilia Clarke Iain Glen Nathalie Emannuel Game of Thrones
We previously published these Game of Thrones: Season 4 articles:
Game of Thrones: Season 3’s cast included:
Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Aidan Gillen (Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish), Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Richard Madden (Robb Stark), Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) and Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon).
Additional returning series regulars this season include: Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy), Jerome Flynn (Bronn), Rory McCann (Sandor “The Hound” Clegane), Conleth Hill (Varys), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth), James Cosmo (Commander Jeor Mormont), Stephen Dillane (Stannis Baratheon), Carice van Houten (Melisandre), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), Sibel Kekilli (Shae), Rose Leslie (Ygritte) and Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell).
Returning recurring cast members on GAME OF THRONES this season include: Natalia Tena (Osha), Joe Dempsie (Gendry), Oona Chaplin (Talisa Maegyr Stark), Julian Glover (Maester Pycelle), Kristian Nairn (Hodor), Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell), Esmé Bianco (Ros), Gemma Whelen (Yara Greyjoy), Hannah Murray (Gilly) and Art Parkinson (Rickon Stark).
New cast members for the third season include: Ciarán Hinds (Mance Rayder), Diana Rigg (Lady Olenna Tyrell), Mackenzie Crook (Orell), Clive Russell (Brynden “The Blackfish” Tully), Nathalie Emannuel (Missandei), Kerry Ingram (Shireen Baratheon), Paul Kaye (Thoros of Myr), Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed), Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed), Richard Dormer (Beric Dondarrion), Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane), Philip McGinley (Anguy), Tara Fitzgerald (Selyse Baratheon), Tobias Menzies (Edmure Tully), Anton Lesser (Qyburn), Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton) and Noah Taylor (Locke).
Game of Thrones: Season 4’s cast members include: Yuri Kolokolnikov, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Lu Corfield, Paola Dionisotti, Hoji Fortuna, Mark Gatiss, Joseph Gatt, Rupert Vansittart, Dean-Charles Chapman, Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, Indira Varma, Pedro Pascal, Owen Teale, Andy Beckwith, Kate Dickie, Dominic Carter, and Daniel Portman, Michiel Huisman, Ed Skrein, Joel Fry, Alisdair Simpson, Daniel Rabin, Jane McGrath, Deirdre Monaghan, Saffie Jacobs, and Sarine Sofair.
Season 4 of Game of Thrones will be based roughly on the second half of A Storm of Swords, the third book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin, of which the HBO TV show is an adaptation.
Leave your thoughts on the Game of Thrones: Season 4 TV show trailer and the new and returning characters below in the comments section. For more Game of Thrones photos, videos, and reviews, visit our Game of Thrones Page, subscribe to us by Email, “follow” us on Twitter, Tumblr, or “like” us on Facebook. “Game of Thrones returns to HBO on Sunday, April 6 at 9:00 PM.”