Interstellar Trailer 3, Featurette, and Early Screenings. Christopher Nolan‘s Interstellar (2014) movie trailer 3, movie featurette, and early screening guide have been released. Interstellar will now be released two days earlier than its previously released premiere date. Interstellar will now be released on November 5, 2014 and will be accompanied by a IMAX rollout as well.
The official press release for Interstellar new release date:
HOLLYWOOD, Oct 01, 2014 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that the highly anticipated “INTERSTELLAR” from Christopher Nolan will be released in 70mm IMAX® film, 70mm film and 35mm film formats on Wednesday, November 5th, two days ahead of its nationwide release. The advance showings will play in select theaters in more than 225 locations across the U.S. and Canada.
“To see Christopher Nolan’s ‘INTERSTELLAR’ on the big screen is an unforgettable movie going experience,” said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures. “From IMAX to traditional film and digital projection, we are pleased that audiences will have the opportunity to see this awe-inspiring film in a wide variety of formats and we are very excited to be making the film available 2-days early for moviegoers.”
“INTERSTELLAR” was shot using a combination of 35mm anamorphic film and 65mm IMAX film to maximize the crispness and clarity of the image and give the audience a truly cinematic and immersive experience. These advance engagements highlight those theaters presenting “INTERSTELLAR” in its native formats.
On Wednesday, November 5th, 2014, “INTERSTELLAR” opens in the following film formats:
– Select IMAX theaters will be offering The IMAX Experience® featuring 15 perf/70mm film projection which combines the brightest, clearest images at almost 10 times the resolution of standard projection formats, with powerful, laser-aligned digital sound and customized theatre geometry to create the world’s most immersive movie experience. Select sequences will expand to fill the entire screen and will deliver unprecedented crispness and clarity.
– INTERSTELLAR in the 70mm film format offers brighter, clearer image, with three times the resolution of standard projection formats, using the process of projecting light through celluloid to deliver clear images in rich analog color with state-of-the-art digital sound.
– The 35mm film presentations project light through the 35mm frame to deliver clear, high resolution images with rich analog color combined with state-of-the-art digital sound in most locations.
Tickets for these advance showings on November 5th are available today at https://interstellar.withgoogle.com and at participating theater box offices. Tickets are also available for the nationwide release on Friday, November 7th, 2014, when “INTERSTELLAR” opens in theaters everywhere including its digital engagements:
– IMAX digital projection uses dual projectors with sub-pixel alignment to produce clear, high contrast images with powerful, laser-aligned digital sound and customized theatre geometry, creating the world’s most immersive digital movie experience. Select sequences will expand to fill the entire screen.
– The film in 4K digital projection produces a clear, bright, high resolution image with absolute stability and cleanliness, combined with uncompressed digital sound for a powerful movie-going experience.
– Digital projection presents a clear, bright, stable image that never degrades in terms of cleanliness or fidelity and uses uncompressed digital sound for a powerful movie-going experience.
“INTERSTELLAR” stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Bill Irwin, Ellen Burstyn, John Lithgow and Michael Caine. With our time on Earth coming to an end, a team of explorers undertakes the most important mission in human history; traveling beyond this galaxy to discover whether mankind has a future among the stars. Directed by Christopher Nolan, written by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, and produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Lynda Obst.
About Paramount Pictures Corporation
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom VIA, -2.10% VIAB, -2.24% a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
About Warner Bros. Pictures
Warner Bros. Pictures meets worldwide tastes and demands with a diverse mix of filmed entertainment and is a global leader in the marketing and distribution of feature films. The International Division operates offices in 24 countries and releases films in over 125 international territories, either directly to theaters or in conjunction with partner companies and co-ventures. Internationally, the Studio has been the market leader in six of the last 13 years, having surpassed $1 billion in grosses a total of 15 years, 12 of which were consecutive years, and crossed $2 billion five times, including 2004, 2007, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
On a few of the specific locations where Interstellar is performing at IMAX theaters:
They include: the CityWalk IMAX & TCL Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles; the UA Stadium 9 + IMAX in Denver; the Museum of Natural History plus Air & Space Museums in Washington DC; the Navy Pier IMAX in Chicago; the AMC Lincoln Square IMAX in New York City; the Scotiabank IMAX in Toronto; and the Boeing Pacific Science Center IMAX in Seattle. More locations are available, with additional non-70mm IMAX available as well. We’re planning to be at the 8PM show in NYC to kick this off.
We previously published these Interstellar articles:
Interstellar stars Casey Affleck, Michael Caine, Topher Grace, Mackenzie Foy, John Lithgow, Matthew McConaughey, Jessica Chastain, Anne Hathaway, Wes Bentley, Ellen Burstyn, David Oyelowo, Bill Irwin, Elyes Gabel, Timothée Chalamet, and David Gyasi.
Interstellar‘s plot synopsis: “A group of explorers make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage…The story takes place years after Earth’s climate has changed, making it impossible to grow enough crops to sustain the world’s population. This prompts a small team of explorers to enter a newly discovered wormhole in an attempt to find fresh land for cultivation.”
Watch the Interstellar movie trailer 3 and leave your thoughts on it in the comments section below. Interstellar will be released in US theaters through Paramount Pictures on November 4, 2014. For more Interstellar photos, videos, and information, visit our Interstellar Page, our Movie Trailer Google+ Page, our Movie Trailer Facebook Page, subscribe to us by Email, “follow” us on Twitter, Tumblr, or “like” us on Facebook.