The remake of Let the Right One In is coming and fans of the original film and the book it is based on (which I recently started reading) were none to happy after the news broke. Questions of why hollywood could not make a film off of a property that had not been filmed yet, instead of a film most saw as flawless and a breath of much need air irritated but was not surprising turn of events.
- The film title has been changed from the more appropriate title to the story “Let the Right One In” to “Let Me In“, a generic title that could fit most slasher or zombie films. “Let me in so I can eat your brains.” – Night of the Living Dead
- It is being directed by Matt Reeves of Cloverfield fame.
- The time period of the film will be the late 80’s , possible in Littleton, Colorado, a snow covered environment like the original film and book.
- Reeves vision of the film: “I see the film as essentially being the fantasies of this 12 year old who’s having such a hard time. It would never be that overt where you would watch the movie and say that’s a dream but to me that is kind of an organizing principle.” WTF! Say it isn’t so. In Valen’s name.
- Hammer Films owns the film rights to the remake and Overture Films has distribution rights.
- The characters names Oskar And Eli have been changed to Owen and Abbey.