The Documentary Short Subject Shortlist for the 2011 Academy Awards have been announced. The 83rd Annual Academy Awards contenders in this field have “been narrowed to eight films, of which three to five will earn Oscar nominations.” Academy members from the “Documentary Branch viewed this year’s 30 eligible entries and submitted their ballots to PricewaterhouseCoopers for tabulation. The 83rd Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Tuesday, January 25, 2011, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater. Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2010 will be presented on Sunday, February 27, 2011.” The shortlist for the Documentary Short Subject Academy Award for 2011 is below.
The eight films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company.
- “Born Sweet,” Cynthia Wade Productions
- “Killing in the Name,” Moxie Firecracker Films
- “Living for 32,” Cuomo Cole Productions
- “One Thousand Pictures: RFK’s Last Journey,” Lichen Films
- “Poster Girl,” Portrayal Films
- “Strangers No More,” Simon & Goodman Picture Company
- “Sun Come Up,” Sun Come Up, LLC
- “The Warriors of Qiugang,” Thomas Lennon Films, Inc.