Star Wars The Force Awakens New Poster and Trailer by Next Monday. This is the beginning of a new marketing push for Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. The first part of that strategy is the poster. The official movie poster for the film will be released on Sunday, October 18, 2015.
The second part of the marketing push is the trailer. The new trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens will be released on Monday, October 19, 2015. The new trailer will apparently air on the television channel ESPN during Monday Night Football around 8 pm Eastern Standard Time.
Monday Night Football is religiously watched by a large audience of middle class individuals and families (in multiple demographics) across the United States. By presenting the trailer at that venue, Disney virtually guarantees a large, captive audience for their new trailer premiere. They have also guaranteed that a large number of people will be recording the trailer as they record the game via DVR.
The moment the trailer is available, we will have it for you here at FilmBook.
The third part of the marketing push is movie ticket availability. Tickets for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will go on sale following the premiere of the trailer at 8:30 pm Eastern Standard Time. The tickets sold will be for the 7pm showing of the film on December 17, 2015, the day before the official release of the film on December 18, 2015. Tickets will also go on sale (Monday, October 19, 2015) for Star Wars marathons. The seven film marathon (beginning at 4 am) will run right up to and include the December 17, 2015 screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens at 7 pm.
These advanced tickets will not be available at all theaters. The online ticket retailers will most-likely detail which theaters are participating in the advanced tickets sales and which theaters will be featuring Star Wars marathons.
We previously published these Star Wars: The Force Awakens articles:
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015) Teaser Trailer, Images, & Analysis
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015): Mark Hamill Talks About His Role
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015): New Millennium Falcon Images Revealed
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015) Teaser Trailer 2: Han & Chewie Debut
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS: Vanity Fair June 2015 Cover & Images
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015): Andy Serkis’ Character Revealed
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015): Han, Rey, Finn & Classic Character Images
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015): San Diego Comic-Con Video Reel
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS: E.W. August 2015 Cover & Images
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015): Leaked 1st Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) Image
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015): New Finn, Rey, & BB-8 Footage via Instagram
J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars: The Force Awakens also stars John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamill, Oscar Issac, Gwendoline Christie, Domhnall Gleeson, Greg Grunberg, Warwick Davis, Lupita Nyong’o, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Andy Serkis, Adam Driver, Crystal Clarke, Pip Anderson, and Max von Sydow.
Leave your thoughts on Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures new three-pronged marketing approach (via io9) to Star Wars: The Force Awakens below in the comments section. For more Star Wars: The Force Awakens news, images, videos, visit our Star Wars Page, our Star Wars Google+ Page, subscribe to us by Email, follow us on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, or “like” us on Facebook for quick updates.