Do you enjoy reading Film-Book dot Com? Do you enjoy writing? Do you have a vast knowledge of film that borders on obsessive and in non-geek circles, disturbing? Can you articulate your perspective on film news in an entertaining and interesting way? If the answer to any or the majority of these questions is: “Yes”, you may be “one of the few, the proud” whom we are looking for to write news for Film-Book dot Com. Here is what we are looking for in the position:
- We want someone who is able to produce around 2 articles per day, mostly in the hours between 7 a.m. est and 10 a.m. est as well as 9 p.m. and 12 p.m.
- We want someone who can do one or some of the following: write Movie News, write Editorials articles, post Movie Trailers, post Movie Pictures, cover Film Festivals or cover NYC and Los Angeles film events. We ARE NOT looking for Film Critics at this time.
- Each article you write will be around 150-450 words minimum, unless you are posting a Movie Trailer or Movie Pictures. In those cases, the word count can be smaller.
- While the position will start as a freelance, if things go well, there exists the possibility that the situation could solidify and become long-term.
- Applicants should be easily reachable by phone (incl/text) or IM during business hours.
- E-mail your application to us at filmbook [at] film-book [dot] com. In the subject line, write “Film-Book dot Com News Writing Application.” Anyone unable to follow this simple instruction will be instantly disqualified from consideration. Your application should include the following:
- Please include two (2) original writing samples. These should be articles on two pieces of movie news that you found particularly interesting this week. In other words, this is your defacto resume (no “cover letters” please). We want to see how you would write if you came on board writing movie news for Film-Book dot Com.
- No “formal” resume is required, but if you have one that you believe is relevant to movie news writing, please attach it as well. Be sure to describe your experience and your interest in this position.
- If you have past experience writing for a movie website or a weblog, please include a few of your best links that demonstrate your highest quality work in your email.
Please realize that it will be impossible for us to respond to all of the e-mailed applications. We apologize for this in advance, but we will read through every application e-mail. If we like your e-mail, we will respond to it at our earliest convenience. Note: It is preferred that if you are writing movie news for Film-Book dot Com, that you do so exclusively for us (i.e. you are not writing movie news for other sites while writing for Film-Book dot Com). A personal blog/website may be negotiable. We hope to see your applications and thank you for your interest.