Arrow Films announces limited edition Hellraiser Trilogy Blu-Ray. As of press time, there are nine films in the Hellraiser series with a likely remake on the way. From the mind of Clive Barker, Hellraiser (1987) made a significant impact on the slasher genre. Its two sequels, Tony Randel‘s Hellraiser: Hellbound and Anthony Hickox‘s Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth further cemented the now infamous Pinhead into horror monster legend. Arrow Films, an English company, has set out to release all three films in a limited “Scarlett Box” edition.
From the press release:
IT WILL TEAR YOUR SOUL APART
Stephen King was once quoted as saying: “I have seen the future of horror… his name is Clive Barker.” That future became reality when, in 1987, Barker unleashed his directorial debut Hellraiser – launching a hit franchise and creating an instant horror icon in the formidable figure of Pinhead.
Barker’s original Hellraiser, based on his novella The Hellbound Heart, follows Kirsty Cotton (Ashley Laurence) as she comes head-to-head with the Cenobites – demonic beings from another realm who are intent on reclaiming the soul of her deviant Uncle Frank.
Picking up immediately after the events of the original Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II finds Kirsty detained at a psychiatric institute and under the care of Phillip Channard, a doctor who abuses his position to realise his own dark aims. In Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth, a reporter investigating a mysterious death at a nightclub finds herself in the way of Pinhead and the Cenobites, who plan to bring their horrifying world into our own.
Coming at a time when the genre was degenerating into self-parody, Hellraiser offered a fiercely unique vision that approached its horrors with a far greater degree of seriousness than many of its contemporaries.. Along with its sequels, the Barker-produced Hellbound and Hell on Earth, Arrow Video is proud to present some of the most terrifyingly original films in the history of horror in brand new 2K transfers.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
- Brand new 2K restorations of Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II, and Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
- Hellraiser: Evolutions – a brand new documentary looking at the evolution of the hit horror franchise and its enduring legacy, featuring interviews with numerous cast and crew from the series’ later instalments including Scott Derrickson (director, Hellraiser: Inferno), Rick Bota (director, Hellseeker, Deader and Hellworld), alongside genre figures Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton (writers Saw IV, Feast) and Stuart Gordon (director, Re-Animator, From Beyond)
- Audio commentaries for all 3 films
- Hours on archive material including cast/crew interviews, EPK material, storyboards, trailers, TV spots and more
- Clive Barker early short films Salome and The Forbidden
- Exclusive 200 page hardback book with new writing on Hellraiser and the Barker universe from Barker archivists Phil and Sarah Stokes. Contains chapters looking at Barker’s early work, the genesis and production of the first 3 films in the Hellraiser series, as well as a consideration of the development of the character of Pinhead and a look at Pinhead’s latest literary incarnation The Scarlet Gospels, all illustrated with a wealth of production stills and unseen material from the Barker archive
- Exclusive Limited Edition packaging with expansive new artwork from Gilles Vranckx
- Much more to be announced!
RRP: £69.99 £49.99
Cat No: FCD1171
Subtitles: English SDH
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
The Scarlett Box will be released October 26 in the UK. The trilogy features performances from Doug Bradley, Ashley Laurence and Andrew Robinson.
Leave your thoughts on Hellraiser boxset (courtesy of Dread Central) in the comments section below. For more Hellraiser photos, videos, and information, visit our Hellraiser Page, subscribe to us by Email, “follow” us on Twitter, Tumblr, or “like” us on Facebook.