Deadpool Valentine’s Day TV Spot, Banner, and Football TV Spot. Valentine’s Day is February 14. Deadpool (2016) opens two days before that. The marketing mavens behind Deadpool are taking advantage of the close proximity. The new banner they created for the film is hilarious. It makes Deadpool seem as though it’s a romantic comedy. It’s a brilliant move. The people behind Deadpool need to go one step further and cut a special trailer for the film focusing on the relationship between Wade Wilson (Ryan Reynolds) and Vanessa Carlysle (Morena Baccarin), with Ajax (Ed Skrein) in the middle.
The other TV Spot released is entitled ‘Canadian Riles Football’ and features new footage of Deadpool kicking a foe in the head in the colorful highway scene seen in so many of the ads for this superhero film.
Deadpool Valentine’s Day banner
Deadpool Valentine’s Day movie banner
We previously published these Deadpool articles:
- DEADPOOL (2016): Deadpool Ready for Action in New Official Image
- DEADPOOL (2016): More of the Cast Revealed in New Images
- DEADPOOL: San Diego Comic-Con 2015 Leaked Movie Trailer
- DEADPOOL (2016): Ed Skrein and Gina Carano Talk About Their Villainous Characters
- DEADPOOL (2016) Red Band Trailer Teaser: Ryan Reynolds Narrates Promo
- DEADPOOL (2016) IMAX Movie Trailer & Poster + Weasel Trailer 2 Promo
- DEADPOOL (2016): 2 TV Spots, Colossus Images, Trailer 2 Debuts Today
- DEADPOOL (2016) Green & Red Band Movie Trailer 2: Mutants, Powers, & Jokes
- DEADPOOL (2016) Movie Images: Ajax, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, & More
Tim Miller‘s Deadpool also stars Gina Carano, Brianna Hildebrand, T.J. Miller, Ed Skrein, Rachel Sheen, Andre Tricoteux, Leslie Uggams, Karan Soni, Paul Lazenby, Sean Quan, Andre Tricoteux, Taylor Hickson, Jed Rees, and Ben Wilkinson.
Deadpool‘s plot synopsis: “Based upon Marvel Comics most unconventional anti-hero, DEADPOOL tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.”
Watch the Deadpool Valentine’s Day (via Slashfilm) and Football TV commercials and leave your thoughts on them and the banner below in the comments section. For more Deadpool movie images, visit our Movie Pictures Page, and consider subscribing to us by Email, “following” us on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+ or “liking” us on Facebook for quick updates. Deadpool will be released in US theaters through 20th Century Fox on February 12, 2016.