The winners of the Student Film Academy Awards for 2010 have been announced. According to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ 2010 Student Academy Awards press release: “while U.S. winners knew they would each receive an award, their placement – Gold, Silver or Bronze – was not revealed until the ceremony. Gold Medal award winners received cash grants of $5,000, Silver Medal award winners received $3,000 and Bronze Medal award winners received $2,000. The Honorary Foreign Film winner received a $1,000 cash grant.” The full listing of the Student Film Academy Award winners for 2010 is listed below.
- Gold Medal: “Surface: Film from Below,” Varathit Uthaisri, Parsons The New School for Design, New York
- Silver Medal: “Multiply,” Emily Henricks, University of Southern California
* Only two medals were awarded in the Alternative category.
- Gold Medal: “Departure of Love,” Jennifer Bors, Ringling College of Art and Design, Florida
- Silver Medal: “Dried Up,” Isaiah Powers and Jeremy Casper, Kansas City Art Institute, Missouri
- Bronze Medal: “Lifeline,” Andres Salaff, California Institute of the Arts
- Gold Medal: “Yizkor (Remembrance),” Ruth Fertig, University of Texas at Austin
- Silver Medal: “Rediscovering Pape,” Maria Royo, City College of New York
- Bronze Medal: “Dreams Awake (Suena Despierto),” Kevin Gordon and Rebekah Meredith, Stanford University, California
- Gold Medal: “God of Love,” Luke Matheny, New York University
- Silver Medal: “Down in Number 5,” Kim Spurlock, New York University
- Bronze Medal: “The Lunch Box,” Lubomir Kocka, Savannah College of Art and Design, Georgia
Honorary Foreign Film
- “The Confession,” Tanel Toom, The National Film and Television School, Beaconsfield, United Kingdom